Preformed Cove Base
What is it?
SpeedCove's preformed cove base systems are:
- made from an exclusive lightweight flexible polyester resin composite that bonds extremely well to substrates, coatings & finishes
- a substrate that forms the correct shape & height required by the environmental health department
- specifically designed to be coated with resinous floor finishes; it is not a stand alone product like rubber vinyl cove base
- impact resistant, moisture proof & can withstand extreme heat and cold temperatures without warping, cracking or deteriorating
- all pieces come in a medium cream color
- the mold skin has been removed (front & back) to create a microporous anchor profile like 220 grit sand paper to maximize coating adhesion
- preformed corners have a 1/4" relief cut in the lower back corner to allow them to fit snug to the wall & floor in unsquare corners significantly reducing the need for excess grinding & prep work
- QuickSeal Edge at the bottom "foot" area is angled down to touch the floor first, transition smoothly, form a positive seal, & eliminate most patching while also adjusting slightly for uneven floors
SpeedCove provides a uniform, smooth, seamless & integral floor to wall junction to create one of the most sanitary & easily maintained floors available.